We Honor Veterans
Veterans have protected and cared for our country. We recognize and respond to the unique needs of each Veteran and his/her family with special services designed just for them and we participate in the national We Honor Veterans program.
Through our compassionate, Veteran-centric care, we are honored to serve those who have served us. Special training is provided to clinicians, staff, and volunteers to support specific veterans’ care needs.
- Veteran needs based upon deployment and combat experiences
- Building a Veteran-centric program
- Understanding the Veteran benefits
We Honor Veterans is a program pioneered by the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to focus on respectful inquiry, compassionate listening, and grateful acknowledgment.
There are five levels of participation achievement. Each level requires speciﬁc activities to progressively increase abilities to serve our Veterans. We Honor Veterans includes:
- A focused admissions process, including speciﬁc Veteran admission information
- A care team who identiﬁes and meets the unique needs of Veterans and their families, insurance coverage of care, and available Veteran beneﬁts
- An individualized plan of care that is Veteran and family-centered and includes the Veteran’s military experiences
- Service Recognition with special ceremonies
- Veteran-to-Veteran volunteer programs
- Effort to replace lost medals and awards
- Emotional support and bereavement counseling
We also offer Vet-to-Vet volunteer opportunities. Contact us for more information.